Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Story of Happy Days of My Life .. Part 1

         It all began on September 3rd 2007, a rainy evening with chilling typical belgaum cold and i'm fully drenched in rain! The event was supposed to begin @ 5:00PM, but because of some reasons it got delayed by an Hour and started at 6:00PM. Thinking what this event was? .. Hmm.. It was the freshman welcome function for 2007 Batch in GIT,Belgaum. i.e My First Day at GIT. I felt too Tiny that day. Around 700 freshers  had gathered in college Auditorium with their parents, to attend the function. I hardly new anyone in GIT at that moment and was roaming all alone in the campus :( I was completely tensed and at the same time was very much excited as i was about to begin a new phase of my life. Jumping from a metro city Bangalore to a city like Belgaum was a big change for me. New people, language, food, weather, friends, place.. It was all in all a new start. And as in calendar, my official engineering life began on 4th September 2007.

        And finally, my first official day in engineering was here and my first class was supposed to be Workshop Lab! But in a hurry i went and sat in Physics Lab .. He.. He.. After an Hour in Physcis Lab i got to know that i was supposed to attend Workshop Lab with some other Batch!! Later it took me 15mins to figure out where actually this workshop lab was in GIT. So, in all i was late to my first class of my engineering life by 1 hour, 15mins. After my first class, some seniors from mech dept caught hold of me and started to rag me.. some questions they asked me were, "Introduce Yourself", "Tell tables of 1","Do a Cat Walk" !!  Sounds Funny now, But that day i had a busy and speedy first day. I had earned 3 to 4 friends on my first day and that was the only takeover from that day. Actually, it was a busy beginning for me. From morning 8 to eve 7 i used to be in college and later used to come back to room and sleep. started feeling that i'm becoming busy. My division i.e 1st sem 'E' div was a gr8 place to be as a fresher. It was a diverse class, You would get people of all kinds and types of lifestyle and places in karnataka and was yet united. Loved this class. days started rolling in my first sem. day by day friends happened and at the same time syllabus was seeming infinite :) Feels like there was no fun at all in my first sem.The only 3 things that i did regularly in 1st sem are - Reading Books, Attending classes and Taking suggestions from seniors.

         And after 5 slow moving months of college, 1st sem exam occured. It was like as if i'm attending the most toughest exams of my life. Had very hard ass burning days during my first sem exams. But somehow i managed to do well and score well in 1st sem. Then it was the most awaited vacation! Which i spent in Bangalore to its core.. After we gathered back in Feb 2008, the feeling was a bit different than before. everyone looked confident in college as they were 6 months old engg students now. This sem started with some fun as we wer taken to Rakascope dam as a activity of chemistry lab. This was the beginning of jolly days of my engg life. Second sem was very cool and easy sem. I spent most of my time on watching hit english movies like Terminator, Lords of the rings, iRobot, Resident Evil etc.. Had a easy life. Academically i started Gaining confidence. People of belgaum were a lot lot supportive in making me set with this place. A mild and Fast and Bindass 2nd sem. CAD and Chemistry created mystery in my life for 2nd sem.

         One of the Greatest of my achievements in 2nd sem was that my technical paper got selected in a national level Paper presentation competition in Paanchajanya 2008 conducted by IEEE,GIT. I had submitted a paper on "Genetically Modified Organisms", which i had prepared by taking utmost effort and search in google. Second sem exams were nearing and i had a handfull of friends and ample time around to get going with aaram life. this sem brought me a lot of Do's and Dont's of life. Second sem exam was a cake walk for me as i loved most of the subjects in this sem. At last i was going to complete 1st year engg.
The feeling in myself doubled up as i had completed 1 year of engg life. I was in full confusion asto what i'm learning and is this what the thing called engineering. I opted to CSE as i had a lot of interest and passion towards it, but in 1st year engg i had learnt all subjects other than CSE .. I wondered many times "Am i in a wrong place." But later i came to know from seniors that this confusion is what that signifies the completion of first year engg. I mean, nothing is clear as its whole .. college, course, branch, events in college. Everything used to appear unknown and fiery in 1st year. Placement, Projects, Fests were completely unknown for me. All that i remember about 1st year is Classes, Attendance, Assignments, IA's etc.. Finally this year was done with a lot of unanswered questions in my mind. Later , with a hope of light ahead i looked forward for 2nd year...


To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment